A real strength of Ayurveda is preventive measures and maintaining good health which is included in subject Swasthavritta. So this subject is very much important in curriculum of Ayurveda. According to CCIM, Swasthavritta syllabus also contains preventive measures of Modern science, Yogshastra and Naturopathy. The content of subject is very useful to create students, who are able to bring about welfare of the society with the help of science of Ayurveda along with Yogshastra and Naturopathy.
- At the end of the course the students shall be able to explain the concept of health; they should advice an appropriate healthy regimen to patients. They should discriminate various food articles and its usefulness as a diet consultant to the community.
- While serving the community they should identify various conditions that can lead to the spread of communicable diseases and non – communicable diseases and its preventive measures according to Ayurveda and modern medicine.
- They should understand the principles and components of primary health care and the national health policies to achieve the goal of “Health for all”.
- Department of Swasthavritta is having its own library containing various texts and reference books of Ayurveda, Modern science, Yogashastra and Nisargopchar.
- Department possesses its own museum with all required charts, models and specimens. A separate Yoga Hall with an adequate space for Yogasana and all relevant charts related to Yoga is also available.
- Swasthyarakshan OPD is conducted by Swasthavritta department in Bhausaheb Mulak Ayurved Hospital where consultation about the diet, Yoga, Naturopathy is done.
- Various visits for students are organized to gain more knowledge about some part of our syllabus, like leprosy sanitarium, dairy plant, water purification plant, sewage treatment plant, primary health centre, MCH centre, etc. In addition to that, we arrange guest lecture for students.
- Free Yoga camps for housewives & workers from MIDC area, Butibori are frequently being organized in order to serve to the society